Engineer / Utility Worker-IUOE, Kirkland, WA
Engineer / Utility Worker-IUOE
Job Title Engineer / Utility Worker-IUOE
Department Plant Operations
Date posted 06/08/2017
Hours 40 hrs/week-rotating schedule
Salary Offers Competitive Wage & Generous Benefit Package
Operates, maintains and repairs the facility, its equipment and systems in a safe, efficient operating condition in conformance with manufacturer's specifications, hospital policies and procedures to ensure compliance with all codes and regulations.
Essential Job Functions:
- Makes rounds of the mechanical spaces recording temperatures, pressures, operating status, miscellaneous readings and checks for the proper operation of fans, pumps, motors, chillers, boilers and other equipment in the course of these rounds.
- Operates, maintains, repairs and cleans the operating plant, utility systems and the equipment. This requires the ability to troubleshoot problems, access the equipment or system that needs repair, i.e., enters crawl spaces, ceiling spaces, and air plenums. Removes items such as plumbing fixtures, motors, and pumps some weighing in excess of 60 lbs.
- Repairs and maintains simple electrical, plumbing and mechanical devices and systems.
- Helps in moving and setting up furniture and other equipment to support other departments.
- Inspects building and equipment for needed repairs as directed.
- Determines the proper course of action and implement repairs.
- Requires mechanical and electrical knowledge to trouble shoot equipment repairs, perform preventive maintenance work orders and demand work orders.
- Work completed by this position impacts the safety of the entire hospital building, patients, visitors and personnel.
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
- Grade 4 steam license or 3 years boiler plant experience
- Current Washington State Driver's license and proof of insurability
- Knowledge of, and demonstrated ability, to safely operate manual and power hand tools, often in difficult positions.
DESIRED for the position:
- Demonstrated mechanical or electrical troubleshooting ability