Manager Public Affairs & Mktg, Hazel Crest, IL
The purpose of this position is to effectively manage and execute local~market media and marketing strategy government affairs internal communications executive communications support crisis communications and hospital~system alignment on key priorities and initiatives. Focus is on providing the (medical center or hospital) with the kind of creative, strategic and comprehensive communication, government relations and marketing services that will enhance the public position, partnerships and influence of the Advocate hospital and system will encourage use of the site's services to help expand access to quality health care and organization growth will maintain positive relationships with local and regional government officials and will support the critical, diverse communications and government relations needs of the hospital. Activities are prioritized to support site and system strategic plans and objectives. The Manager also acts as an internal resource and counsel for Director of Public Affairs and Marketing.
- Support hospital crisis, disaster and emergency response communication plans.
- Demonstrate Service First/MVP in Action
- Manage external and internal communications and community relations / outreach projects that support site and system strategic plans and objectives.
- Execute and manage local marketing strategies which support site growth goals and are coordinated with the system VP of Marketing and the system brand strategy.
- Support government relations strategies and programs that support site and system strategic plans and objectives.
- Manage media relations.
- Bachelors degree in journalism, communications, marketing or related field.
- 3 to 5 years experience in public relations, marketing or communications health care experience preferred.
- Understanding of health care environment issues.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical ability
- Exceptional time management skills
- Word processing, desktop publishing and publication production.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Willingness to be flexible with work hours.
- Shares on-call responsibility.
- May need to lift and set~up equipment/material for special events and outreach programs.