Director Patient Accts & Care Mgmt, Oak Brook, IL
- Masters Degree (or be working toward one)
- Min. 8 years experience in health care patient accounting with at least 3 years prior management experience.
- Advanced PC Skills.
- Knowledge of health care application systems.
- Knowledge of home health care billing requirements and payer reimbursement.
- Ability to manage multiple and complex assignments concurrently.
- Excellent communication skills required.
- Comprehensive knowledge of healthcare industry and managed care environment.
- Must function well under pressure and in conditions of frequent interruption.
- Requires high level of advanced problem solving, decision making and analytical skills.
Plans, directs, implements and monitors new and existing systems and business processes of the Patient Accounts Department to be used in the billing and collections of accounts receivables. Develops and monitors procedures to maximize reimbursement and minimize percent of accounts transferred to bad debt collections. Provides strategic direction for the entire patient accounts functions. Strives to continuously improve the operations of the Patient Accounts Department and the patient account billing and collections processes. The Director is also responsible for supervision of the intermittent nursing case management department and the insurance verification department.
- Maintenance and Oversight of Various Automated Systems
- Serves on Local and System~Wide Committees
- Other Site~Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Direction and Oversight of Patient Billing Processes for Advocate at Home and Insurance Verification for Intermittent Nursing Services
- Departmental Management Responsibilities
- Regulatory and Corporate Compliance
- Direction and Management of Intermittent Nursing Case Management Department.