Director Business Finance-Heart and Vascular Institute, Oak Lawn, IL
Director Business Finance-Heart and Vascular Institute
City: Oak Lawn
Job ID: 89621
Facility: CHRIST MEDICAL CENTER
Department / Unit: Heart & Vascular Institute
Status-FTE: Full-Time - 1
Advocate Christ Medical Center is part of Advocate Health Care, one of the nation’s leading health care networks. A not-for-profit, 749-bed, premier teaching institution with more than 1,200 affiliated physicians, Christ Medical Center is one of the major referral hospitals in the Midwest for a number of specialties, including cancer care; cardiovascular services; heart, kidney and lung transplantation; neurosciences; orthopedics; and women’s health. The hospital provides emergency care for more than 100,000 patient visits annually and has one of the busiest Level I trauma centers in Illinois.
In collaboration with the Executive Director of the Advocate Heart Institute, implements and maintains the financial and business goals and objectives which assure fiscally viable and optimal service delivery in the AHI inpatient and outpatient, , Heart, Lung and Kidney transplant services and data coordination. The Director of Business Finance is responsible for coordinating all divisional business services including all billing and charges, analysis of reimbursement, budget preparation, Medicare Cost Report filing, and development of operational strategies to successfully compete for market leadership. Provides leadership and support in assigned areas to ensure achievement of the department and medical centers strategic and operational plans by effectively managing informatics, financial and capital resources, equipment repair and supply acquisition. Provides data analysis of expense reports as well as coordinates proactive initiatives to decrease cost per unit of service while maximizing AHI volume. Areas of direct management responsibility include: All transplant related programs, outpatient AHI business and Data management. Ensures that all areas operate within the established policies, procedures, and strategic objectives of Advocate Christ Medical Center, and in compliance with all local and federal regulations and guidelines.
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or a healthcare related field.
- Advanced Degree in Business Administration, Hospital Administration or a health related field.
- 3-5 years in healthcare management.
- 3-5 years in project management.
- 3 years related experience.
- Demonstrated management skills including the ability to work well with others(including physicians), team building, and conflict resolution skills, effective communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work in a matrix management structure, across all lines of management and staff to promote good relationships among departments.
- Strong knowledge of healthcare finance.
- Responsible for professional and personal growth and development.
- Responsible for planning, organizing, facilitating and monitoring the activities and functions of Heart Institute business operations.
- Supports Administration in the identification of appropriate new services and the development of business plans, including cost benefit analysis and monitoring for capital expenditures/budgets, and implementation of approved programs with input as appropriate.
- Identifies and implements productivity tools and reporting that will assist in allocating resources appropriately and increase efficiencies.
- Development and ongoing maintenance of collaborative relationships with department physicians, Directors/Managers, system wide contacts, and related external contracts in order to meet strategic objectives.
About Advocate Health Care
Advocate Health Care, named among the nation’s Top 5 large health systems based on quality by Truven Analytics, is the largest health system in Illinois and one of the largest health care providers in the Midwest. Advocate operates more than 250 sites of care, including 12 hospitals that encompass 11 acute care hospitals, the state’s largest integrated children’s network, the state’s largest emergency and Level I trauma network, one of the area’s largest home health care companies, and the region’s largest medical group. Advocate Health Care has 4 teaching hospitals and is a not-for-profit, mission-based health system affiliated with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America and the United Church of Christ.