Director RCM Education & Development, Independence, OH
Develops and directs education strategies and processes to raise Revenue Cycle Management (RCM)/ Finance awareness for enterprise partners including physicians, institutes, regional hospitals, divisions and all caregivers. In conjunction with enterprise stakeholders, develops and implements RCM/Finance education tools and experiences that improve financial results and the patient experience. Monitors and measures learning results and transfer of knowledge striving for best in class learning outcomes that are integrated with Cleveland Clinic programs and practices.
- Develops strategic goals, priorities and education plans in conjunction with stakeholders to ensure ongoing RCM/Finance enterprise education while maintaining alignment with enterprise strategy and goals.
- Drives learning strategies to raise awareness and transform understanding of RCM/Finance practices resulting in decreased denials, increased reimbursement and an improved patient experience. Learning audiences include all physicians, leaders and caregivers.
- Develops and implements education materials to increase enterprise understanding of RCM/Finance practices for all physicians, leaders and caregivers.
- Develops and fosters relationships with internal and external customers, collaborators and physicians in support of an improved financial results and patient experience.
- Leverages Continuous Improvement practices to improve understanding of RCM/Finance practices to increase efficiency, improve financial results and the patient experience.
- Develops targeted RCM/Finance onboarding programs to supplement enterprise onboarding initiatives and improve the caregiver experience.
- Develops job related training programs for highly technical and in-demand roles.
- Analyzes trends in the RCM caregiver lifecycle and partner with Human Resources to increase engagement and reduce turnover.
- Ensures that all RCM/Finance education programs align with organizational culture and business strategy.
- Utilizes metrics to analyze learning outcomes and continue to improve transfer of knowledge and demonstrating of new skills.
- Manages vendor relationships; evaluates performance, provides feedback and resolves conflict.
- Acts as advisor and consultant to project sponsors, executives and physicians.
- Provides project status updates and resolves issues to meet project deliverables and deadlines.
- Produces management reports and conducts executive presentations.
- Works with stakeholders to ensure that program standards are met and goals achieved.
- Reviews program analytics and makes adjustments, as needed.
- Ensures educational tools are designed to meet growth/integration demands, support effective education implementation, capture learning outcomes and utilize data for program analysis.
- Plans, implements, and monitors RCM educational upgrades, customizations, and integrations
- Directs and supervises the RCM/Finance education development team with responsibility for selection, performance management, development and salary administration for team.
- Manages department budget, resource utilization and expenditures and identifies best practices and makes recommendations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Human Resources or Organizational Development or related field.
- Master's Degree preferred
- None required.
COMPLEXITY OF WORK:
- Demonstrated change leadership ability to accomplish results and meet deadlines and commitments.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven networking/consulting skills.
- Demonstrated history of working in a matrixed environment in a collaborative manner.
- Demonstrates strong communication and relationship building skills with the ability to influence others to achieve objectives.
- Must thrive in a fast paced environment where multi-tasking and prioritization is necessary.
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Strong written and verbal skills are needed with the ability to work with all levels of the enterprise.
- Ten years of experience in leadership roles in RCM, Finance, Healthcare, Human Resources or related area, including five years management experience.
- Normal physical demands include dexterity sufficient to operate a personal computer and other office equipment.
- Ability to travel to alternate sites throughout the organization.
- Normal or corrected vision, hearing and speech.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic’s Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days. Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic facility.
Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities