Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)- Bilingual Spanish, Los Angeles, CA
Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)- Bilingual Spanish
St. John’s Well Child & Family Center is the largest non-profit community health center in Downtown Los Angeles and South Los Angeles with 17 health centers including two mobile centers. We have a wonderful opportunity for Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)- Bilingual Spanish. Come join us!
Job Title: Licensed Clinical Social Worker
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: Director of Behavioral Health
Union Position: No
Approved By: Director of Human Resources
Approved Date: 07/05/2016
Jobs Supervised: Yes
OUR MISSION is to eliminate health disparities and foster community well-being by providing and promoting the highest quality care in South Los Angeles.
OUR VISION: St. John’s Well Child and Family Center will be a leader, catalyst, and model for the best care, long-term community health improvements, and sustainable, health-enhancing system and structures in Los Angeles.
OUR CORE VALUES
We honor and respect every person we encounter as a valued member of the human family whose gifts and rights are to be protected.
We support and champion individual and organizational growth, accountability, creativity, teamwork, and commitment to quality, and the best standard of care.
We promote and advocate for the full integration of our patient’s physical and mental health with their needs as an active member of a vibrant and just community.
We collaborate with others to develop systems, organizations, and programs that address the needs of and empower all members of our community with a preference for the most vulnerable and disadvantaged.
The Licensed Clinical Social Worker works in conjunction with members of the medical and behavioral health teams to manage psychosocial aspects of chronic and acute diseases, apply behavioral principles to address lifestyle and health risk issues, and provide consultation in the treatment of mental disorders and psychosocial issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Performs a combination, but not necessarily all, of the following duties:
- Promote and integrate behavioral health services;
- Maintain protocols and procedures for integrated behavioral health activities across the St. John’s network;
- Assist the primary care provider in recognizing, treating and managing mental health and psychosocial issues and act as a contributing member to the primary care team and behavioral health team;
- Conduct client intakes, focusing on diagnostic and functional evaluations, then make recommendations to the primary care provider concerning the clients’ treatment goals and plan;
- Provide consultation to the primary care providers to enhance patient care;
- Provide brief, focused intervention for clients who are in need of mental health services;
- Assist in the detection of “at risk” clients and in the development of plans to prevent worsening of their condition;
- Monitor and coordinate the delivery of health services for clients as related to behavioral health care, including linking with other treatment providers not only within the primary care setting but, with the clients’ permission, outside it as well;
- Document the clients’ progress and diagnostic information in the treatment chart;
- Keep the primary care providers fully informed of the client’s needs and progress and work with providers to formulate treatment plans;
- Provide consultation to clinic management and other team members about behavioral services and suggested areas of outcome and program evaluation;
- Participate in case conferences with appropriate medical and ancillary team members;
- Support Quality Assurance activities related to behavioral health care;
- Provide program reports;
- Assist the clients in complying with any medical treatment initiated by the primary care provider, such as offering strategies to cope with medication side effects;
- Function as a member of a multi-interdisciplinary team;
- Attend meetings, trainings, and other work-related events as needed; and
- As an exempt position, evening and/or weekend hours may be required to ensure the fulfillment of all duties and responsibilities; and
- Other duties may be assigned or may be modified as business needs dictate.
- This position may provide supervision to members of the Behavioral Health team, including interns.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience
- Master’s Degree;
- Licensed in Clinical Social Work;
- Three years’ experience as a social worker in a community mental health environment;
- Proficiency in the identification and treatment of mental disorders.
- Knowledge of evidence-based behavioral assessments and interventions relevant to medical conditions, e.g., disease management, treatment adherence; and lifestyle change;
- Ability to make quick and accurate clinical assessments;
- Care-management skills and knowledge of local resources for outside referrals;
- Skilled in targeted, brief psychotherapy and in running group sessions;
- Ability to document services in a way that is useful both to the primary care provider and to management for quality-improvement services;
- Consultation liaison skills;
- Experience working in underserved communities such as undocumented workers, unaccompanied minors, LGBT populations, communities of color, youth/adolescents, and those experiencing homelessness, substance abuse, and/or mental illness; and
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred (read, write, speak)
Licensure/Certification - Employees are responsible for maintaining individual certifications as required by job function or by law and provide verification and recertification when requested by management:
- California Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Bilingual English/Spanish (read, write, speak) preferred.
Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Synthesize complex or diverse information. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram from and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Ability to interpret situations, characteristics, behavior, etc. and respond appropriately.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have strong knowledge of MS Outlook, MS Excel, MS Word, and Internet software. Electronic Health Records experience required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee establishes and maintains effective work relationships with co-workers and customers, maintains regular attendance, understands and carries out a variety of oral and written instructions, has knowledge of proper English usage, grammar, punctuation, spelling, and vocabulary, has the ability to learn office principles, practices, and methods, understands filing systems, including numerical, alphabetical, and chronological, learns a variety of procedures, policies, and services of the assigned work unit or program, performs assigned duties with efficiency and accuracy and maintains confidentiality. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees, but is not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org